Team Seafood Student Job Bonus Program 2021
The Team Seafood Student Job Bonus program is back for 2021!
Students returning to high school or attending/returning to post-secondary studies are eligible to receive a $1000 or $2000 completion bonus (respectively) from their employer upon working the required hours (250/500 hours). Skills PEI will fund employers for 75% of the completion bonus.
Students hired through a government wage subsidy program (e.g., Jobs for Youth, Post-Secondary Student Program) are also eligible for this program.
What employers are eligible?
· Aquaculture growers and processors on PEI
What students are eligible?
· are at least 15 years old as of the first day of work and fall into one of the following categories:
o Entering Grade 10, 11 or 12 in the fall of 2021 and intending to return to high school;
o Currently in Grade 12 and entering/enrolled in a post-secondary program for the fall of 2021;
o Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program and continuing in the fall of 2021.
· are residents of PEI and eligible to work in Canada.
Note: Students who are members of the employer’s immediate family are eligible provided the employer can demonstrate that the student is the most suitable and qualified candidate and is not hired as the result of favouritism.
What funding is provided?
· 75% of the amount of the job completion bonus.
· Upon completion of a work term, high school students (entering grades 10, 11 and 12) will receive a bonus of $1,000.
· Upon completion of a work term, Grade 12 graduates and post-secondary students will receive a bonus of $2,000.
· Students hired through a government wage subsidy program (e.g., Jobs for Youth, Post-Secondary Student Program) are also eligible for this program.
How many hours must be worked?
· Students entering grades 10, 11 and 12 must work 250 hours.
· Grade 12 graduates entering college or university must work between 250 and 500 hours.
· Post-secondary students must work 500 hours.
What is the deadline to apply?
May 31, 2021
How do I apply?
Download and complete the Employer Application Form in the “For Employers” section on the Team Seafood website. Once approved, another application will need to be submitted for each student hired under the program.
What organization offers this program?
Skills PEI (Department of Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture)
Link to Website