Please register or log in.
Quality Control Inspector
Type of Work:
Orwell Cove, PE
Length of Employment:
This is a full-time, 12 month term position; with the possibility of a permanent position at the end of the term.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Knowledge of HACCP, Good Manufacturing Practices, & the Seafood Industry is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory QA/QC plans, manuals, and procedures,
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Flexible and able to multitask
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision
- Attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology, microbiology or related area of science or equivalent Food Industry &/or QA/QC experience.
For over 25 years, Atlantic Aqua Farms and Canadian Cove Mussels have set the highest standard of quality in the North American mussel industry. Today, we are the #1 grower and processor of live mussels in North America. We place a high value on providing a positive working environment that ensures our employees are respected and challenged on a daily basis.
The Quality Control Inspector reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager and works in various areas of the processing facility to aid in the integration and adherence of policies, practices and procedures with respect to producing safe, quality food.
• Ensure adherence and compliance with established Quality Assurance programs and policies there by ensuring that all seafood meets food safety, food quality, customer requests and Regulatory requirements/principles against established Standards and Protocols.
• Verify that all Incoming Raw, In-Process, and Outgoing products consistently meets AAFP specifications for quality.
• Performs sampling, conducts tests, records times, temperatures and other relevant data following defined system procedures.
• Documenting/Recording Information - Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form utilizing the appropriate forms and systems.
• Conduct any general duties, specific projects and responsibilities as assigned or required in a timely and professional manner.
• As a key member of the Quality team, contribute to strategic decisions and continuous improvement initiatives.
Will be based on Industry relevant qualifications
Atlantic Aqua Farms-Premium Shellfish
Questions can be directed to Marie McInnis (902) 218-4266