Please register or log in.
Power / Mechanical Engineers, Electrician, Plumber, Handypersons
Length of Employment:
• A minimum of a high school diploma with a minimum of two years of experience in the aquaculture industry (or equivalent).
• Must be eligible to work in Canada.
• Physically able to handle tasks that could include lifting, bending and climbing.
• Ability to work as part of a team in compliance with facility standard operating procedures.
• Experience with flow through aquaculture and other mechanical systems.
• Prior experience in a CFIA regulated/GLP environment will be considered assets.
• Willingness to learn new skills and to perform routine tasks.
• Demonstrable organizational skills with the ability to multi‐task.
• Self‐motivated with a demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems.
• Fosters a positive work environment congruent with the company values and philosophy.
• Candidates with prior experience in HSE, IT or Quality will be preferred
These are full‐time, permanent, positions with the successful candidates reporting to the Facility Manager. The successful candidates will be key members of the CATC- Victoria team with the following responsibilities:
• Assist in the daily operations of the aquarium facilities in compliance with regulatory and quality guidelines.
• Performs daily monitoring and data collection related to facility function.
• Performs daily maintenance and monitoring of equipment.
• Performs preventative maintenance activities.
• Assists in setting up and decommissioning of aquaculture systems.
• Helps to maintain efficiency of the operations and adheres to standard operating procedures.
• Responsible for weekend work and on‐call monitoring of facility operations during off hours on a rotating basis.
• Competence to perform fish husbandry tasks and to monitor and maintain fish stocks (Training will be provided).
CATC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience
Benefit Package will be offered
The Center For Aquaculture Technologies Canada
Please send CV/Resume and provide the contact information for three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Victoria Facility Operatives’ as the subject line.