Please register or log in.
Victoria-Prince Edward Island
• A minimum of a high school diploma with experience in electrical, mechanical, or plumbing
• 4th class power engineer ticket is considered an asset
• Experience in the production of aquatic species, and in the operation of aquaculture systems.
• Physically able to handle tasks that could include but are not limited to lifting, bending, climbing, wearing PPE, exposure to wet, cold, and hot environments.
• Ability to work as part of a team in compliance with facility standard operating procedures.
• Prior experience in a CFIA regulated/GLP environment is considered an asset.
• Willingness to learn new skills and to perform routine tasks.
• Demonstrable organizational skills with the ability to multi‐task.
• Self‐motivated with a demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems.
• Fosters a positive work environment congruent with the company values and philosophy.
• Must be eligible to work in Canada.
• Commitment to CAT’s Core Purpose: Dedication to and passion for CAT’s core purpose: We are driven by the transformative potential of aquaculture. To feed the world, support the environment, and sustain the planet. Our purpose is to unlock this potential.
The Center for Aquaculture Technologies Canada, a private aquaculture innovation and research company has openings for suitably skilled staff to support the Victoria (PEI) facility, and its ongoing operations. This is a full-time permanent position in the Facilities department, with the successful candidates reporting to the Facility Manager.
• Performs daily and routine maintenance and monitoring of equipment such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and water systems.
• Helps to maintain efficiency of the operations, adheres to standard operating procedure and the preventive maintenance program.
• Performs daily monitoring and data collection related to aquaculture and facility functions.
• Assists in setting up and decommissioning of aquaculture systems.
• Assist in the daily operations of the aquarium facilities in compliance with regulatory and quality guidelines.
• Competence to perform fish husbandry tasks, and to monitor and maintain fish stocks (training will be provided).
• Must be available to be part of the scheduled rotation for weekend work and after hours on‐call monitoring of facility.
CATC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience
Benefits package commensurate with experience.
The Center For Aquaculture Technologies Canada
*Please send CV/Resume and provide the contact information for three references to:
email@example.com with ‘Victoria Maintenance Technician’ as the subject line.
*Must be eligible to work in Canada.
*Closing date of July 18th, 2021.