Please register or log in.
Technician - Feed Extrusion Plant
Desired skills/ experience/ competencies:
• This position requires skills relative to autonomy, attention to details, teamwork, ability to follow instructions and production schedules, and ability to act quickly when a problem arises.
• Experience with food/feed processing equipment and farm equipment is an asset.
• Commitment to CAT’s Core Purpose. Dedication and passion for CAT’s core purpose. We are driven by the transformative potential of aquaculture - to feed the world, support the environment, and sustain the planet. Our purpose is to unlock this potential.
• College diploma or equivalent experience. Candidates with experience in feed processing will be given priority.
The Center for Aquaculture Technologies, a private aquaculture innovation and research company, is seeking an experienced Feed Extrusion Plant Technician in Souris, PE. This is a full-time position and will begin with the successful candidate report to the FeedTech Manager.
• Operation and maintenance hammer mill, mixer, extruder, dryer, vacuum coater, cooler, augers, belt conveyors, bagging system, and other related equipment of the pilot-scale extrusion plant.
• Calibrate feed processing and aquatic laboratory equipment, and ensure all records related to these procedures are up to date as required.
• Exercise Good Laboratory Practices.
• Comply with the Canadian Feed Regulations, Good Practices for the Feed Industry, and strict quality assurance program.
• Record raw data promptly and accurately following Good Documentation Practices
• Develop and maintain safe laboratory practices.
• Comply to applicable Study Plans and SOPs
• Cleaning and sanitizing of the pilot-scale extrusion plant and environment.
• Conduct daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and bi-annual checks in the feed processing plant.
CATC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience
The Center For Aquaculture Technologies Canada
Please send CV/Resume and provide the contact information for three references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with “ Technician - Feed Extrusion Plant - Souris (PE)” as the subject line.
Candidates shortlisted will only be contacted.