Please register or log in.
Senior Research Scientist / Study Director - Fish Health
Length of Employment:
• A minimum University degree including Aquaculture; Animal Biology; Microbiology; Parasitology; Virology; Biochemistry; Immunology; Cell Biology/Physiology. Masters or PhD seen as an advantage, but not essential
• Virology and/ or bacteriology experience
• Experience working in a laboratory setting including responsibility for documenting tasks.
• Ability to work as part of a team in compliance with facility standard operating procedures.
• Research experience in a strictly controlled regulatory environment will be considered an asset.
• Willingness to learn new skills and to perform routine tasks.
• Demonstrable organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems.
• Fosters a positive work environment congruent with the company values and philosophy.
The Center for Aquaculture Technologies Canada, a private aquaculture innovation and research company, is seeking a Senior Research Scientist / Study Director to assist in the daily operations of its R&D Facility in Souris, Prince Edward Island. This is a full‐time, permanent, position and will begin immediately with the successful candidate reporting to the Director of Fish Health. Our research team focuses on providing high quality contract R&D support and professional services to the global aquaculture industry.
• Study Director/ Principal Investigator for in vitro and/ or in vivo clinical and research trials
• Writing of protocols and reports
• Analyses of data and production of study reports
• Designing and ensuring scientific integrity of experiments
• Care and maintenance of research animals including husbandry and animal welfare checks.
• Propagation and maintenance of pathogen isolates including use of standard cell culture and microbiological techniques.
• Development and revision of standard operating procedures.
• Timely completion of all projects with a high degree of quality and excellence.
CATC offers a competitive salary
Benefits including group health care and retirement savings plans
The Center For Aquaculture Technologies Canada
Please send CV/Resume and provide the contact information for three references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Senior Research Scientist/ Study Director’ as the subject line