Please register or log in.
Assistant Facility Manager
Victoria-Prince Edward Island
• Licensed Power Engineer Class 4 or Higher is required
• Supervisory experience and excellent organizational skills
• Diploma or post-secondary degree in a related field is considered an asset
• Experience with purchasing processes, working with contractors
• Experience in the production of aquatic species and in the operation of aquaculture systems.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and skills
• Physically able to handle tasks that could include lifting, bending and climbing, wearing PPE, exposure to wet and cold environments and hot environments.
• Ability to work as part of a team in compliance with facility standard operating procedures.
• Prior experience in a CFIA regulated/GLP environment will be considered assets.
• Willingness to learn new skills and to perform routine tasks.
• Demonstrable organizational skills with the ability to multi‐task.
• Self‐motivated with a demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems.
• Fosters a positive work environment congruent with the company values and philosophy.
• Must be eligible to work in Canada.
• Commitment to CAT’s Core Purpose: Dedication to and passion for CAT’s core purpose: We are driven by the transformative potential of aquaculture. To feed the world, support the environment, and sustain the planet. Our purpose is to unlock this potential.
Willing to train
The Center for Aquaculture Technologies Canada, a private aquaculture innovation and research company has an opening for an Assistant Facility Manager to support the Victoria (PEI) facility and its ongoing operations. An Assistant Facility Manager is being sought with the following skill sets; candidates that have overlapping competencies would be considered positively:
The position is full time and permanent with the successful candidate reporting to the Facility Manager.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Facility Manager includes:
• Lead the Preventive Maintenance Program in compliance with the regulatory and quality guidelines.
• Adheres to standard operating procedures and ensures the team is trained
• Coordinate contractors and suppliers
• Coordinate the on-call schedule for the facility team and sign off on team hours
• Participate in developing the annual budget and work within the budget
• Helps to maintain the efficiency of the operations and works with manager to develop and execute capital projects
• Assist in the daily operations of the facility and aquarium in compliance with regulatory and quality guidelines. Performs daily monitoring and data collection related to aquaculture and facility functions.
• Performs daily and routine maintenance and monitoring of equipment such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and water systems
• Assists in setting up and decommissioning of aquaculture systems.
• Must be available to be part of the scheduled rotation for weekend work and after hours on‐call monitoring of facility.
• Competence to perform fish husbandry tasks and to monitor and maintain fish stocks (Training will be provided).
CATC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience
The Center For Aquaculture Technologies Canada
Please send CV/Resume and provide the contact information for three references to:
email@example.com with ‘Assistant Facility Manager - Victoria’ as the subject line.
Must be eligible to work in Canada.