Please register or log in.
GxP Study Director – Fish Health
Victoria-Prince Edward Island
• A minimum University degree including Aquaculture; Animal Biology; Microbiology; Parasitology; Virology; Biochemistry; Immunology; Cell Biology/Physiology. Masters or PhD seen as an advantage, but not essential
• Virology and/ or bacteriology experience an advantage
• Experience working in a laboratory setting including responsibility for documenting tasks.
• Ability to work as part of a team in compliance with facility standard operating procedures.
• Research experience in a strictly controlled regulatory environment will be considered an asset.
• Willingness to learn new skills and to perform routine tasks.
• Demonstrable organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems.
• Fosters a positive work environment congruent with the company values and philosophy.
• Commitment to CAT’s Core Purpose: Dedication to and passion for CAT’s core purpose: We are driven by the transformative potential of aquaculture. To feed the world, support the environment, and sustain the planet. Our purpose is to unlock this potential.
Experienced, capable, and passionate about the aquaculture sector? We have an outstanding opportunity for a talented individual to provide leadership at The Center for Aquaculture Technologies (CAT), a private aquaculture innovation and research company who are seeking a GxP Study Director in Victoria, PE. This is a full‐time, permanent, position and will begin immediately with the successful candidate reporting to the Clinical Director. Our research team focuses on providing high quality contract R&D support and professional services to the global aquaculture industry.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable history in running aquatic clinical studies, a strong quality mindset and be skilled in the science of GLP and GCP related requirements and operations. In addition, the candidate should be customer focused, a skilled communicator and have excellent writing skills. They must be independent, creative thinkers with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity to have a big impact in a key area of growth for our business, servicing both internal requirements, and an external customer base. We’re looking for a pragmatic team player, who has a proven track record of delivery, unafraid to get their hands dirty and has the ambition to match our own ambitions.
• Study Director/ Principal Investigator for in vivo clinical and research trials
• Adherence to the principals of Good Laboratory Practice and Good Clinical Practice
• Writing of protocols and reports
• Preparation of regulatory submissions to support study execution
• Analyses of data and production of study reports
• Designing and ensuring scientific integrity of experiments
• Care and maintenance of research animals including husbandry and animal welfare checks.
• Development and revision of standard operating procedures.
• Timely completion of all projects with a high degree of quality and excellence.
CATC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience
The Center For Aquaculture Technologies Canada
Closing date: 30 May 2021 or until the position is filled.
Please send CV/Resume and provide the contact information for three references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with “GxP Study Director: Fish Health – Victoria (PE)” as the subject line.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.