Please register or log in.
PEI with the option to work in Souris, Victoria or remotely
Desired skills/ experience/ competencies:
• 2+ years of full cycle accounting experience
• Experience using QuickBooks products and Fathom reporting an asset
• Advanced Excel Skills
• CPA designation is an asset
• Financial management. Experience with and understanding of GAAP, grant tracking, payroll management, fixed assets, and general business systems and functions.
• Attention to detail. Tireless attention to detail and ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
• Education and professional experience. BA degree with a minimum of 2 years of progressive experience working in finance and accounting operations in a high growth organization. MBA/CPA or related degree desired.
• Personal qualities. High integrity, innovative, collaborative, mission-oriented, and commitment to excellence
• Commitment to CAT’s Core Purpose: Dedication to and passion for CAT’s core purpose: We are driven by the transformative potential of aquaculture. To feed the world, support the environment, and sustain the planet. Our purpose is to unlock this potential.
The Center for Aquaculture Technologies, a private aquaculture innovation and research company, is seeking a Senior Accountant to support all areas of accounting and finance and is based out of our two site in Prince Edward Island and remotely. This is a full-time, Permanent, position and will begin with the successful candidate reporting to the Director of Finance.
• Review, recommend, implement, and monitor accounting policy and procedures
• Support annual audit requirements
• Lead the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process
• Project Costing Analysis
• Internal Control Analysis/Improvements
• Monitor, and account for fixed asset purchases and update and maintain respective schedules
• Ledger maintenance and reconciliation review
• Support annual budgeting process
• Consolidated Financial Reporting for Companies, Locations, Business Units, and Departments
• Support Management reporting
• Oversea AR functions by supervising a junior position
• Provide solutions for technical accounting issues and support implementation
• Perform forecast and budget variance analysis on the Company’s financial results
• Other tasks as assigned
CATC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience
The Center For Aquaculture Technologies Canada
Closing date: May 14, 2021
Please send CV/Resume and provide the contact information for three references to:
email@example.com with “Sr. Accountant – PEI” as the subject line.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.