Please register or log in.
Desired skills/ experience/ competencies:
• 5+ years of full cycle accounting experience
• Experience using QuickBooks products and Fathom reporting an asset
• Advanced Excel Skills
• CPA designation
• Commitment to CAT’s Core Purpose: Dedication to and passion for CAT’s core purpose: We are driven by the transformative potential of aquaculture. To feed the world, support the environment, and sustain the planet. Our purpose is to unlock this potential.
• Financial management. Experience with and understanding of GAAP, grant tracking, payroll management, fixed assets, and general business systems and functions.
• Attention to detail. Tireless attention to detail and ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
• Education and professional experience. BS/BA degree with at least 3-5 years of progressive experience working in finance and accounting operations in a high growth organization. MBA/CPA or related degree desired.
• Personal qualities. High integrity, innovative, collaborative, mission-oriented, and commitment to excellence
Over 3 years
The Center for Aquaculture Technologies, a private aquaculture innovation and research company, is seeking a Sr. Accountant to support all areas of accounting and finance and is based out of Souris, PE. This is a full-time, Permanent, position and will begin with the successful candidate report to the Director of Finance
• Review, recommends, implement, and monitor accounting policy and procedures
• Support annual audit requirements
• Lead the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process
• Project Costing Analysis
• Internal Control Analysis/Improvements
• Monitor, and account for fixed asset purchases and update and maintain respective schedules
• Ledger maintenance and reconciliation review
• Support annual budgeting process
• Consolidated Financial Reporting for Companies, Locations, Business Units, and Departments
• Support Management reporting
• Oversea AR functions by supervising a Jr. position
• Provide solutions for technical accounting issues and support implementation
• Perform forecast and budget variance analysis on the Company’s financial results
• Other tasks as assigned
CATC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience
CAT offers a benefits package
The Center For Aquaculture Technologies Canada
Please send CV/Resume and provide the contact information for three references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sr. Accountant – PEI” as the subject line.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.