Please register or log in.
FeedTech Centre Manager
East Prince, Kings
Length of Employment:
What we’re looking for:
An ambitious and capable manager, not afraid to get their hands dirty or to promote our facility in front of senior client representatives:
• Previous experience in managing an extrusion production facility
• A competent multi-tasker with a tack record of ‘getting things done’
• Ability to supervise and coach staff, building a highly engaged and empowered team
• A strong attention to detail with an ability to develop well-constructed protocols which meet client objectives
• Good leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop a strong team is essential
• An ability to effectively interact with colleagues throughout the organization
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Strong organizational and planning skills are essential
• A willingness to work flexibly to meet the demands of the job
• An awareness of biosecurity and biosafety protocols for ingredient and feed manufacturing (e.g. HACCP)
• Driving license essential
• Reliable, detail-oriented, organized, hard-working, self-motivated and accountable
• Strong project management experience desirable
Not necessarily from within the Aquaculture sector, but with a proven track record in plant management and extrusion technologies, the successful candidate will be experienced in supply chain management, aware of the relevant regulatory requirements and have strong organizational and planning capabilities. This is an important leadership position within the CATC team with management responsibilities for a small team, scaling with activity.
We’re looking for a pragmatic team player, who has a proven track record of delivery, unafraid to get their hands dirty and has the ambition to match our own ambitions.
So what’s the role?
• Supervises and manages the activities / production schedule for the FeedTech business
• Builds strong and productive relationships with the different teams (Nutrition, Facilities & Health) and colleagues across the Center for Aquaculture Technologies network
• Liaises with clients to understand their needs and ensures the faultless delivery of the production process to exceed their expectations
• Provides insight and recommendations on new business opportunities, whilst supporting the delivery of these projects
• Proven problem solving history with a practical and pragmatic approach
• Engages with regulatory agencies and supports corporate visits to the facility
• Work with the QA manager to ensure that all SOPs and related documentation pertaining to CATC accreditations are achieved and maintained
• Other duties as deemed appropriate by line management
CATC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience
The Center For Aquaculture Technologies Canada